Everyone knows about the importance of being a healthy weight and you have probably heard of problems linked with both obesity and being underweight.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the life-expectancy for individuals with:
- A BMI between 30 and 35 is on average 2 years shorter
- A BMI between 40 and 45 is on average 8 years shorter
Being overweight or underweight not only increases the chance of early mortality, it also leads to much higher risks of developing the following chronic disease:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Back pain, Knee pain
- Sleep Apnoea
- Fatty liver disease
- Heart disease
Achieving or maintaining a healthy weight can be hard and sometimes you may need professional advice to get started so don’t be afraid to ask our team of doctors for help. Longer term approaches to weight maintenance that include frequent contact with health professionals may help you achieve better results.
We know that each of us have unique genetic profiles, metabolic variations, behaviours and life circumstances, that’s the reason we will do a full medical assessment to determine whether you have a healthy weight, if not what programs we can work with you to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
If you book a health weight management program with our doctors, your initial visit will include the following:
- Assessment of your Height, Weight, BMI, Metabolic age and other biometrics
- A check of your blood pressure, cholesterol
- Screening for diabetes, thyroid disease, hormonal disturbances
- Assessment of your mental health conditions
- Tests such as blood, sleep apnoea, etc for further investigation
After initial health assessment by our medical team, our doctor will sit with you to setup a tailored, personalised program to achieve your healthy weight goal and maintaining good health. The program using a combination of
- Healthy diet plans and recipes
- Customised physical exercise plan
- Prescription medications only when needed
- Psychological interventions, including cognitive behavioural therapy, motivational interviewing, and mindfulness meditation
Meal planning is a very important tool if you’re trying to manage a healthy weight.
We gather some important information about your metabolic age and BMI at your initial visit, our doctor will assist you to develop a meal planning method that fits your routine and your taste based on your medical situation. Our doctor will refer you to see a dietitian if required as well.
Allied Health Support
Our doctors have wide access of allied health professionals, including dedicated dietitians, exercise physiologists, etc. some of their services are funded by government programs.
Our doctors and their support health team will motivate you with clear, practical advice and a program tailored to suit your personal needs to maintain a healthy weight.
Weight Maintenance Program
Our doctors are not only going through with you the journey to achieve healthy weight, we will also setup plans and work with you to maintain your healthy weight through your living life.
- Health assessment in very six or twelve months
- Review diet plans and recipes
- Review physical exercise plan
- Medication review
You have an opportunity to join our comprehensive recall and reminder system, our doctors and nurses will recall you back at appropriate intervals to review your weight and tailor your plans to maintains a healthy weight